- About KIAA
- Job Opportunities
- Visitor Info
With pleasure we announce the upcoming 2016 Beijing-Nanjing Bilateral Astrophysics Workshop. The workshop will be held on 9-10 May at the Kavli Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics at Peking University, and is jointly organized with the PKU Department of Astronomy, Nanjing University, and Purple Mountain Observatory.
This workshop aims to strengthen ties between our institutes, encourage new friendships, and provide a platform for future collaborations. The following topics will be covered during the workshop:
- The Sun, the solar system, and exoplanets
- Stars and stellar populations: evolution and dynamics
- Supermassive black holes and AGNs
- Large-scale structure, galaxy formation and evolution
- High-energy astrophysics and compact objects
All members of our four institutes are warmly invited to attend, and to submit their contributions for talks, before the deadline of 15 April 2016. More information can be found on the workshop website: http://kiaa.pku.edu.cn/beijingnanjing2016.