Postdoctoral Researcher Opportunity
However, maintaining it for sexual pleasure was getting tougher day by day. The key risk of using increased Dosages Of Kamagra is overdose, and, subsequently, the possibility of more severe side effects occurrence.
SUPERVISOR/HOST INSTITUTION: Bin Luo (School of Astronomy and Space Science, Nanjing University)
PROJECT TITLE: X-ray View of Growing Supermassive Black Holes and Their Connections to the Host Galaxies
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The evolution of galaxies and their central supermassive black holes (SMBHs) are closely linked. X-ray emission is a ubiquitous property of luminous AGNs that dominate SMBH growth through cosmic time, and it provides a clear view of the central engine due to its penetrating power, low dilution from host-galaxy starlight, and the diagnostic power of X-ray spectra. Focusing on a large sample of optical and NIR selected active galaxies, we aim to systematically (1) analyze their available X-ray data, (2) study X-ray images, continua, emission/absorption features, and/or variability, and (3) obtain crucial AGN characteristics such as luminosities, SMBH accretion rates, obscuration properties, SMBH masses, and outflow properties. Utilizing the host-galaxy properties (e.g., stellar mass, star-formation rate, and morphology) obtained via multiwavelength data, we will further investigate the connections between AGNs and their host galaxies.
PROJECT REQUIREMENTS: General familiarity with handling of large astronomical data sets; general knowledge of AGNs and extragalactic astronomy. Expertise in Chandra and XMM-Newton data analysis would be an advantage.
- Yang, Brandt, Luo et al. 2016, arXiv:1608.08224: Long-Term X-ray Variability of Typical Active Galactic Nuclei in the Distant Universe
- Luo et al. 2015, ApJ, 805, 122: X-ray Insights into the Nature of PHL 1811 Analogs and Weak Emission-line Quasars: Unification with a Geometrically Thick Accretion Disk?
- Luo et al. 2011, ApJ, 740, 37: Revealing a Population of Heavily Obscured Active Galactic Nuclei at z ≈ 0.5-1 in the Chandra Deep Field-South
- Xue, Brandt, Luo et al. 2010, ApJ, 720, 368: Color-Magnitude Relations of Active and Non-active Galaxies in the Chandra Deep Fields: High-redshift Constraints and Stellar-mass Selection Effects
- Luo et al. 2008, ApJS, 179, 19: The Chandra Deep Field-South Survey: 2 Ms Source Catalogs